I stumbled across Neil Hanson, when I was searching for LoveMyDress which is a popular UK bridal blog (you must check it out she writes beautifully and always features fantastic suppliers) LoveMyDress is also the name of Neil Hanson’s post wedding shoot package – its all about arty, fun pictures after the special day – I love this one!
* What do you particularly like about photographing the post wedding shoot, Lovemydress?
A number of things I guess….
It’s great to work again with previous clients one to one and also get to know new couples as well, its a lot of fun doing the session and I get a real buzz out of creating a “wow” image. Sometimes its the location, sometimes I shoot in Infra Red to create a surrealistic look, sometimes it’s the off-camera lighting I use to give the look I want to achieve. Some of these elements are restricted often at Weddings due to the time contsraints or other factors. I like to creating unusual images or building a shoot around a particular theme, I have one coming up in early May where the Bride just loves Bluebells so I am currently researching a few sites to do a bluebells themed shoot.
* Does it tend to be brides that you have photographed at the wedding?
Normally, but it doesn’t have to be!
The whole concept is it’s just another chance to wear the dress again and get some “arty” fashion style shots in the dress again, no time constraints, very relaxed.
It doesn’t have to be that I have previously covered their Weddings, I am happy to shoot any bride as its a totally separate / different experience. It also can be done in any dress, I have previously done “Gothic” shoots and also have an enquiry at the moment for someone who wants to wear their lovely bridesmaid dress again and do a shoot.
* What are the costs for a bride that is wanting to do something like this?
There are a lot of options, at the moment I cover a lot of bases with my packages and will probably whittle these down soon.
They range from £299 – £625. Anyone interested should contact me and I can send them a pdf which includes all the info and costings
* Is all your work in Oxfordshire and surrounding area?
Mostly Oxfordshire, however I am happy to travel and cover down to Cornwall as I have family there. I also have a booking for Kent this year as well
I have also added some Wedding photos for you:
* The surprised cyclist – always makes me smile looking at his reaction
* Through the flowers bridge shot – From a Wedding at the astonishingly beautiful Trebah Gardens in Cornwall. The couple and most of the guests flew in from Sydney Australia to have the Wedding here, you can see more shots here from this beautiful Cornish wedding
* The Bridesmaids shoes – just loved the over sized confetti they used at this Wedding
Well I know Trebah Gardens I used to go on holiday there and its absolutely beautiful – how amazing to get to photograph a wedding there. For more info look at LoveMyDress with Neil Hanson, or have a look at his site, Nordic Pics where there are many more photos from weddings that he has worked on. Oh and I will leave you with my favourite picture that he sent me…